Daiwa House Industry Social Media User Agreement
Please read and comply with the following Social Media User Agreement (the "User Agreement") when using social media and related services provided by Daiwa House Industry (the "Company")
Article 1 (Scope of Application)
The User Agreement shall apply, with respect to social media and related services (the "Service") provided by the Company, to all users (the "User") of such social media;
Article 2 (Matters to Be Observed and Consented to When Using the Service)
The User shall comply with and consent to the following matters when using the Service.
- The User shall assume sole responsibility for the outcomes resulting from contents or information (“Information, etc.”) that the User submits, posts, displays or provides ("Provide, etc." or “Providing, etc.”) in their use of the Service (which means any act of using the Service by means of submission, posting, display, provision, etc. and including the act of simply browsing; hereinafter, "Use").
- All information that the User Provides, etc. shall be viewable by all of the Users of the Service.
- The User shall assume sole responsibility for the management of their password they use to access the Service as well as liabilities arising from activities, actions, etc. carried out using that password.
- If the User has caused damage to a third party in their Use of the Service, they shall compensate the third party for the damage and resolve the dispute with the third party with their own responsibility and expense so as not to cause any inconvenience to the Company.
- The Company shall assume no liability for any damages incurred by the User in their Use of the Service unless such damages are due to the Company's willful misconduct or gross negligence.
- If we have suffered damages as a result of the User's violation of the provisions of this Article and the following Article, the Company may seek compensation from the User for the damages.
- If the User has violated any of the provisions set forth in the User Agreement, then the Company may delete the Information, etc. that the User Provided, etc. on the Websites and take other necessary measures without prior notice to the User.
- The Company does not endorse, represent or make any guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness, legality, etc. of Information, etc. that the User or persons other than the User Provide, etc. on the Service. (*We do not endorse, represent or guarantee that such Information, etc. is complete, true, accurate or reliable.) The User may come into contact with information that is offensive, harmful, inaccurate or inappropriate in their Use of the Service, and the Company shall assume no liability if the User or a third party has suffered damages due to such information.
Article 3 (Prohibited Acts in Use)
The User must not engage in any of the following acts in their Use of the Service.
- Acts that infringe or may infringe upon the rights and property of the Company, other Users or third parties.
- Act of defaming the Company, other Users or third parties, or their respective products, services, etc.
- Acts that infringe the privacy of other Users or third parties, such as posting personal information, including, but not limited to, name, phone number and address.
- Act of engaging in election campaigning or similar activities.
- Act of engaging in missionary activities, solicitation, etc. related to specific religions, organizations, groups, etc.
- Act of using or duplicating Information, etc. provided by the Service beyond the scope of personal use.
- Act of using Information, etc. obtained from the Service for commercial purposes.
- Acts that disadvantage the Company, other Users, or third parties.
- Acts that are contrary to public order and morals, or that violate laws, or acts that may correspond to the foregoing.
- Act of Providing, etc. information that contains harmful, obscene or violent content or depictions thereof.
- Acts that lead or may lead to criminal acts.
- Malicious acts, discriminatory acts, and other acts that other Users or third parties may find offensive.
- Acts that interfere with the operation of the Service, or acts that damage the credibility of the Company.
- Act of Providing, etc. another person’s information, such as by providing false personal information or impersonation.
- Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 4 (Handling of Intellectual Property Rights)
- Information posted on the Websites in the Use of the Service is owned by the Company or the provider of such information (the "Information Provider"), and, among that, the contents protected by copyright, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights, such as photos and videos, also belong to the Information Provider. The User must not reproduce, publish, transmit (including public transmission), distribute, assign, lend, translate, adapt, reprint, etc. the content contained on the Service in whole or in part without the written consent of the Information Provider.
- Information Providers other than the Company grant the Company a non-limited, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use the information posted on the Websites that is protected by intellectual property rights.
Article 5 (Changes to the User Agreement)
The Company may change the User Agreement without the approval of the User. In this case, the revised User Agreement shall become effective at the time it is posted or displayed on the Company's Social Media Policy page.
The User Agreement shall be effective from April 14, 2011.