Medical and Nursing Care Facilities
- Medical and nursing care facilities constructed*2
(of which, Silver Age Research Center projects = 2,823)
- Group homes, day care and day service facilities, small-scale multifunctional facilities
- Hospitals and clinics 24.5%
- Healthcare facilities for senior citizens, special nursing homes, nursing homes for the elderly
- Fee-based homes for the elderly, assisted-living housing for senior citizens
- Other 12.5%
(as of March 31, 2015)
- *2 Daiwa House Industry, non-consolidated
In 1989, anticipating the rapid increase in Japan's population of elderly people, we set up the Silver Age Research Center to investigate issues relating to medical and nursing care facilities. The Center selects suitable sites, draws up projects, consults with governmental bodies, and provides a wide range of other specialist support services at all stages from planning to construction for corporate customers seeking to build and operate such facilities. These operations are part of the Group's efforts to expand its medical and nursing care facilities business.
While the number of hospitals that meet the earthquake resistance standards mandated by the 2013 revision of the Act on Promotion of Seismic Retrofitting of Buildings is growing, only 67.0%*1 of the nation's 8,493 hospitals are fully in conformity with these standards, and around 2,800 require seismic retrofitting. We are marketing advanced medical facilities that meet the needs of the next generation under the name of "D's SMART MEDICAL." These include air-conditioning that employs geothermal heat pumps, earthquake-resistant structures, and business continuity planning (BCP) support, as well as ensuring a pleasant environment for both patients and staff.
The Group also invests in special-purpose corporations to provide support for medical care from the investment planning perspective. That is to say, they hold land assets and buildings in the form of medical institutions and make proposals to medical care operators involving the leasing of such assets to the operators via a dedicated medical care fund. In addition, our medical and nursing care facilities business collaborates with these special-purpose corporations to offer assisted-living housing for senior citizens.
- *1 "Survey of State of Seismic Retrofitting Work at Hospitals" (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; published March 31, 2015)