- Relocated the head office to Nishinari Ward, Osaka City.
- Established the company's first full-scale plant, the Sakai Factory in Sakai City, Osaka Prefecture.
- Daiwa Danchi Co., Ltd., Japan's first full-fledged private-sector developer, was founded.
- Listed on the First Section of the Osaka Securities Exchange, and then listed on the Tokyo and Nagoya Stock Exchanges.
- Established Daiwa（Malaya）Ltd,a joint venture company in Singapore.
- Daiwa Lodge was launched to use as an office, warehouse or Movable Classroom.
- Daiwa House Type-A, a panel style prefabricated house, was launched. It was registered as the first recognized house eligible for Government Housing Loan Corporation financing.
- Daiwa Danchi Co., Ltd. developed Habikino Neopolis in Osaka Prefecture. Homes were sold together with a Housing Service Plan, a precursor to home mortgages, which was developed with Sumitomo Bank, Limited. [Detail]
- Developed an original shell construction method utilizing steel pipes as a forerunner for construction of large-scale spaces.
- Daiwa House Type-A was built for the first time as a single-family housing subdivision home design for public agencies in Senri New Town, Osaka Prefecture.
- Donated Japan’s first pedestrian bridge with combined steel pipes, Overpass for Traffic Safety in front of Osaka Station, in partnership with Kawasaki Steel Corporation (current JFE Steel Corporation). [Detail]
- In order to meet the burgeoning needs of the housing market, two-storey prefabricated houses and other buildings were launched.
- Established an Overseas Section in the Tokyo Branch.
- Published The Future of the Daiwa House Group, a staff training booklet.
- Established a joint venture company in Thailand.
- Established the Nara Factory, Japan's first factory specializing in prefabricated houses.
- Launched the Prefab Shell,as steel beam structure.
- Daiwa House Type-B, which had added improvements to the module or roof pitch, was put on the market.
- Relocated the head office to Awaza, Nishi Ward, Osaka City.
- Rolled out Daiwa Entaroriy, a quasi-low temperature grain warehouse, across Japan, conquering the grain warehouse market.
- Midori-ga-Oka Neopolis, our first independently developed large-scale urban housing development, went on sale.
Daiwa House Type-A
Overpass for Traffic Safety in front of Osaka Station