- Received recognition from the Minister of International Trade and Industry as an enterprise contributing to improving the quality of industrialized houses.
- Beijing East Palace Apartment, rental housing for foreigners in China, commenced operations.
- Royal Home Center Co., Ltd. was established.
- In order to satisfy customers further, CS activities started to be rolled out across the company.
- Dailian Acacia Town Villa, rental housing for foreigners in China, commenced operations.
- The world's first one-side bolt for building construction was developed, and we released the DNS-V, a weldless construction method to join square steel tubes and H-section steel.
- Daiwa House Industry Central Research Laboratory was founded as a 40th anniversary business.
- Daiwa Roynet Hotel Higashi-Osaka, our first business hotel, was opened.
- After the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake occurred, Daiwa House Group erected a total of more than 14,000 emergency temporary housing units.
- Became the first company in the Japanese construction industry to acquire ISO 9001 international quality standard certification for the Sendai Branch, Tohoku Factory and Head Office Procurement Department.
- STATEMENT WITH was offered for sale as a 40th anniversary product.
- DNS-V2 (DSQ frame), a new construction method for system construction with thickening and weldless features was developed.
- Daiwa Logistics Co., Ltd. went public on the Japan Securities Dealers Association.
- Became the first company in Japan to collectively acquire ISO 9002 for our 12 factories across Japan, Production & Procurement Headquarters, and Head Office Procurement Department.
- Dalian Fujiazhuang International Villa, rental housing for foreigners in China, was completed.
- The DSQ Frame System, an original steel-frame skeleton, acquired certification from the Minister of Construction.
- HICOMUL ST, rental housing product, was the first design in the prefabricated housing sector to acquire certification as a three-storey apartment complex, quasi-fire-proof building that could be constructed in a quasi-fire-prevention district.
- Tianjin Jiuhe International Villa, rental housing for foreigners in China, commenced operations.
- Healthy House Specifications, which carried out formaldehyde measures in all single-family houses and rental housing products, were employed as standard.
- Voluntary Environmental Action Plan was developed.
- Daiwa Energy Co., Ltd. was established.
- Completed work on new company office buildings in Osaka and Tokyo. In line with the concept of a building structure for a century, leading-edge environmental systems were incorporated.
Daiwa House Industry Central Research Laboratory
Emergency temporary housing erected in the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake stricken areas
DNS-V2 (DSQ frame)
Daiwa House Osaka Building