- Daiwa Calm 21, a group home for the elderly with cognitive impairment, was offered for sale.
- Kankyo-Kobo, the 2000 model for environmentally friendly housing, was launched.
- New energy projects that tackle wind, water and the sun were started.
- Séjour RG Kankyo-Shubo, rental housing, was put on sale.
- The DSQ Frame System won an Excellence Award at the Second Construction Technology Development Awards presented by the Japan Institute of Country-ology and Engineering, General Incorporated Foundation.
- Daiwa House Tokyo Building received the Nikkei New Office Environmental Encouragement Award.
- Issued the Environmental Report 2000.
- Full-scale expansion of the renovation business with the launch of the Home Improvements Business Department in the Housing Business Division.
- A wind power generator with a maximum output of 600kW was completed at Okinawa-Zanpamisaki Royal Hotel.
- Daiwa House Osaka Building received a Nikkei Excellence Award for an Innovative Business Establishment.
- Kankyo-Kobo received an Excellence Award and a Nikkei Sankei Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2000.
- Merged with Daiwa Danchi Co., Ltd.
- The STATEMENT WITH C-Seismic Isolation Type was developed. Daiwa House became the first prefabricated Japanese housing manufacturer to commercialize detached seismic isolation homes.
- The DSQ Frame System won an Outstanding Achievement Award from the Japanese Society of Steel Construction.
- Acquired certification for ISO 14001 in our 13 factories across Japan and Production & Procurement Headquarters.
- DH (Dalian) Administrative Management Consulting Center co., Ltd., which carried out outsourcing business in China, was established.
- External wall insulation construction methods were adopted for all wooden housing products.
- D-TEC PLAZA, a hands-on house building experience space, was opened on the premises of the Tokyo Branch Office.
- EDDI's House, an architecturally designed housing product, that was jointly developed with Edward Suzuki was put on sale on the internet.
- Zero emission targets achieved at all 13 factories.
- Nobuo Ishibashi, Executive Advisor, passed away at the age of 81. He was posthumously awarded the First Grade of the Third Rank of Honor and the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure.
- Switched to burglar-proof specifications for all newly built single-family houses.
- Home center business was completely spun off. Royal Home Center Co., Ltd. succeeded the business.
- The Daiwa House Group drew up its Code of Ethics and Behavioral Guidelines.
- After the Niigata-Chuetsu Earthquake occurred, Daiwa House Group erected a total of 1,058 emergency temporary housing units.
- Osaka Marubiru Co., Ltd. became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Shanghai Office was established in China.
- Daiwa Logistics Co., Ltd. stock listed on the JASDAQ Securities Exchange.
- D'Grafort Kobe Sannomiya Tower, a base-isolated super high-rise condominium, which was the tallest at the time in Japan, was completed as a building with a quake-absorbing structure.
- Drew up a new management vision, Employee Charter and Group symbol―the "Endless Heart".
- Nippon Athletic Service Co., Ltd. (current Sports Club NAS Co., Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Yokohama Shiki-no-Mori Foleo in Kanagawa Prefecture, the first directly managed large-scale combined commercial facility of its kind, was opened.
- Achieved number one overall for construction performance in FY2004 for the Environmentally Friendly Housing Certification System. (Achieved number one in FY2004-5 and FY2007-2015.)
- The CENTENARIAN, a single-family housing product commemorating our 50th anniversary, was offered for sale.
- Achieved zero emissions at new-build construction sites for single-family houses and low-rise rental housing.
- Chosen as the main sponsor of the Orchestra Osaka Symphoniker (current Osaka Symphony Orchestra).
- Established Daiwa House REIT Management Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Asset Management Co., Ltd.).
- The first private sector company to conduct full-scale earthquake testing simultaneously on two buildings for earthquake-proof and vibration control housing with E-Defense.
- Daiwa Kosho Lease Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa Lease Co., Ltd.), Daiwa Rakuda Industry Co., Ltd. (current DesignArc Co., Ltd.) and Daiwa Logistics Co., Ltd. became wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- The xevo, a new brand of single-family houses comes into being, employing a new construction method for the first time in 25 years.
- Established Daiwa House Financial Co., Ltd., a joint venture with Credit Saison Co., Ltd.
- ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. became an equity-method associated company.
- Daiwa House Insurance Co., Ltd. was established.
- Higashi-Fuji Co., Ltd. became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Underwrote an increase in capital for CYBERDYNE Inc., and formed a business tie-up relating to the robotics business.
- Nine turbines for wind power generation at Sadamisaki Peninsula in Ehime Prefecture were completed. Began selling power in December 2006.
- Eneserve Corporation became an equity-method associated company.
- After the Noto Peninsula Earthquake occurred, Daiwa House Group erected a total of 120 emergency temporary housing units.
- Transferred operations of the resort hotel business to Daiwa Resort Co., Ltd.
- Nobuo Ishibashi Memorial Museum in Nara Prefecture was opened.
- Commenced work on Yihe Champs-Elysees, the first combined condominium and commercial facility development business by a Japanese company in Dalian, China. It was completed in June 2009.
- Development of Fuji Gotemba Industrial Park, our first industrial park, was started in Gotemba City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- PREMIST, a new condominium brand, came into being.
- After the Niigata Chuetsu-Oki Earthquake occurred, Daiwa House Group erected a total of 339 emergency temporary housing units.
- Daiwa House REIT Investment Corporation was established.
- Received the Minister of the Environment Award for the Prevention of Global Warming in FY2007.
- Rinku Pleasure Town SEACLE, a large-scale combined commercial facility, was opened in Osaka Prefecture.
- D'Grafort Lake Town Building I, a condominium equipped with solar energy equipment for residential use that was the largest in Japan at the time, was completed within Koshigaya Lake Town, Saitama Prefecture. Buildings II and III were completed in April and July 2009, respectively.
- Odakyu Construction Co., Ltd. (current Fujita Corporation) became an equity-method associated company.
- Consolidated the market arm of seven companies into two and changed the firms name to Daiwa Lantec Higashi-Nihon Co., Ltd. and Daiwa Lantec Nishi-Nihon Co., Ltd. In 2010 they merged into the current Daiwa Lantec Co., Ltd.
- Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Latvia was established in the Daiwa House Osaka Building.
- Began leasing Robot Suit HAL® for Well-Being, which was manufactured and sold by CYBERDYNE Inc.
- The large-scale combined commercial facilities of iias Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, iias Sapporo, Hokkaido and Foleo Otsu- Ichiriyama, Shiga Prefecture were opened.
- Morimoto Asset Management Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Asset Management Co., Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Acquired investment units of BLife Investment Corporation (current Daiwa House REIT Investment Corporation).
- The xevo C, single-family house products received an Excellence Award and a Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun Award, and the Robot suit HAL®of CYBERDYNE Inc. received the highest award and a Nikkei Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2008.
- Received the Grand Prize of the 18th Global Environment Awards sponsored by the Fuji Sankei Group.
- Commenced work on The Grace Residence, a condominium development business in Suzhou, China. Work was completed in October 2011.
- Lake Town Miwa-no-Mori and D'Grafort Lake Town acquired 1st S-rank certification on the CASBEE town planning assessment and certification system.
- Daiwa House (China) Investment Co., Ltd. was established in China.
- Commenced work on phase 1 of Yihe Xinghai, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business in Dalian, China. Phase 1 was completed in September 2012 and phase 2 commenced work in December 2012.
- Cosmos Life Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa LifeNext Co., Ltd.) became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Received the Minister of the Environment Award for the Prevention of Global Warming in FY2009.
Daiwa Calm 21
Séjour RG Kankyo-Shubo
STATEMENT WITH C-Seismic Isolation Type
Seismic isolator experience device within D-TEC PLAZA
D'Grafort Kobe Sannomiya Tower
Yokohama Shiki-no-Mori Foleo
Wind-power plant at Sadamisaki
Nobuo Ishibashi Memorial Museum
Yihe Champs-Elysees, Dalian
Koshigaya Lake Town, Saitama Prefecture
Robot Suit HAL® for Well-Being
The Grace Residence, Suzhou