- Started demonstration experiments for SMA×Eco HOUSE, a model house fitted with residential use lithium ion storage batteries, the first of its kind in Japan.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (association category) and the Director-General’s Prize, the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2009.
- AQ Asset service, which provided improvements to house property value and lifestyle services began operations.
- Japan's first Green Heat Certificate for heat produced through renewable energies and the tradable environmental value of the reduction effects of their CO2 emissions was issued to D'Grafort Lake Town for Green Heat.
- The Mentally committing robot® PARO® manufactured by Intelligent System Co., Ltd. went on sale.
- The POWER YIILE (2.0kWh) portable lithium-ion battery by ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. went on sale.
- The Sakura Project to donate and plant cherry trees at schools and other places was started.
- The xevo YU, an environmentally friendly two-generation family house, received an Excellence Award and a Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2010.
- Was selected for the 100 most sustainable companies in the world, a first for the Japanese construction sector. We stayed on the list for four straight years until 2014, and was the top Japanese company in 2013 and 2014.
- After the Great East Japan Earthquake occurred, we erected emergency temporary housing unit.
- The xevo K-Kizuna and xevo KII-Kizuna, single-family houses for earthquake reconstruction support, were launched.
- Operations began on moogle, an industry-first, inspection robot for narrow spaces.
- The industrialization of housing for China being jointly developed by Daiwa House Industry and Baoye Group acquired a Construction industry science and technology assessment report.
- D’s SMART OFFICE, an eco-friendly office product was offered for sale.
- Purchased 885 Woodside, rental housing in California, the United States and began a real estate business.
- The Pipe House and Midget House were registered as the early years of prefabricated housing in the Essential Historical Materials for Science and Technology of the National Museum of Nature and Science.
- Smart House, SMAxEco ORIGINAL, was offered for sale.
- Vision 2020 medium-to-long term environmental vision, which takes on zero environmental load, was developed.
- Participated in the development of the Long Duc Industrial Park in Dong Nai Province, Vietnam.
- Operations began at the Taiwan Branch.The commercial construction business was rolled out.
- The agri-cube, a vegetable-grower unit, went on the market in the first stage of products for the industrialization of agriculture.
- Toden Life Support Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Life Support Co., Ltd.) became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Daiwa Homes Online Co., Ltd. was established.
- Commenced work on the first stage of our mega solar business, DREAM Solar Kita-kyushu HIbikinada, at Hibiki International Logistics Center , Fukuoka Prefecture. Began selling power in February 2013 with a total output of 2MW.
- D-room Plaza Hall, a rental housing hands-on experience hall, opened in Daiwa House Industry Central Research Laboratory.
- Participated in the planning of the Daiwa Manunggal Industrial Park,under development in Bekasi,Indonesia.
- Commenced work on Moonlit Garden, a combined condominium and town house development business in Wuxi City, China. Work was completed in September 2015.
- Fujita Corporation became a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (Successful Case of Energy Conservation Category) and the Minister’s Prize, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2012.
- SMA×ECO TOWN Harumidai, Osaka, Japan's first net zero energy town, went on sale.
- The xevo GranWood, a new wooden single-family house product and the first home in 10 years to employ a completely new construction method, was launched.
- A dual head office structure for Osaka Head Office and Tokyo Head Office was introduced.
- The renovation business was spun-off and Daiwa House Renew Co., Ltd. (current Daiwa House Reform Co., Ltd.) succeeded the business.
- A scheme for mandatory retirement at 65 was introduced.
- DPL (D-project Logistics), a new brand of logistics facilities came into being.
- Commenced work on The Grace Residence, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business in Changzhou, China.(completed in June 2017)
- Daiyoshi Trust Co., Ltd.(current Daiwa House Parking Co.,Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Mighty Urban Tree, a greening project at Osaka Marubiru, was started.
- Cosmos Initia Co., Ltd. became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Daiwa House (Jiangsu) Property Management (current Daiwa Baoye (Jiangsu) Property Management), which carried out condominium management business in China, was established.
- SMA×ECO City―Sagamihara Hikarigaoka Eco Town in Kanagawa Prefecture,our first integrated housing and commercial smart community, went on sale.
- Consecutive full-scale earthquake simulation testing of the xevo Σ was conducted at E-Defense.
- Selected for the Dow Jones Sustainability Asian Pacific Index, a benchmark for globally and socially responsible investing from 2013 to 2021, consecutively.
- Established Baoye Daiwa Industrialized House Manufacturing company limited, a joint venture between China and the Baoye Group. Began local production of low-rise industrialized housing parts and materials.
- D-room Plaza Hall Yume, a rental housing hands-on experience hall, was opened in the Tochigi-Ninomiya Factory.
- RYU:X TOWER The WEST, the largest condominium in Okinawa Prefecture, was completed. Work was completed on The EAST in May 2015.
- The Group's SMA×ECO PROJECT received the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Award, in the Eco-Products Category at the 10th Eco-Products Awards.
- Received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Conservation (Successful Case of Energy Conservation Category) and the Minister’s Prize, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (CGO and corporation or other field) for FY2013.
- The xevo Σ, our top-of-the-line single-family home product, was launched.
- Daiwa House's EXPERIENCE HOUSE, an experience facility especially for single-family houses, was opened within the Nara Factory.
- The Nara Factory was transformed into D’s SMART FACTORY, and reopened as a showroom.(completed of the 4th factory in2020,and begin operaring)
- DPL Yokohama-Daikoku, Kanagawa Prefecture, our largest logistics facility that has adopted features such as a quake-absorbing structure and emergency generators, was completed.
- Built and donated the Daiwa Ubiquitous Computing Research Building, a base for education and research in the field of ubiquitous computing in the University of Tokyo Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies.
- TRY-IE-Lab, a single-family house hands-on experience facility, was opened on the premises of the Tokyo Head Office.
- Began the Berkeley Project, a rental housing business carried out jointly with the Lincoln Property Company in Texas, United States.(completed in March 2016)
- TOMO Co.,Ltd. (current Daiwa House Parking Co.,Ltd.) became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Commenced work on D-Project rental factories in Vietnam, the first overseas DPL. Work was completed on April 30, 2015.
- Moogle, our inspection robot for narrow spaces, received a Prize for Excellence in the Service-robot Category at the 6th Robot Awards. It was the first time an award went to the housing industry.
- Selected for the Climate Performance Leadership Index. (CPLI)
- Daiwa House Industry and Ritsumeikan University jointly developed the OIL BACT method, which as a first in Japan combined activated charcoal and bacteria (oil degrading micro-organisms) as a method for treating mineral-oil contaminated soil of former gas stations and factory sites.
- Began the Waters Edge Project, a rental housing business carried out jointly with the Lincoln Property Company in Texas, United States.(completed in November 2016)
- Participated as strategic partner of the TOMODACHI Initiative, a Japan-U.S. exchange program to foster leaders of the next generation.
- COMUOON®, a device for communication support with the hearing impaired, which was developed and manufactured by UNIVERSAL SOUND DESIGN Inc. went on sale.
- Entered the hydroelectric power business for the first time in Gifu Prefecture. (commenced work on April 2015,and begin operating October 2018)
- Bangkok Office was established in Thailand.
- Received the Prize of the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (co-organized by venture firms and large corporations) at the 1st Japan Venture Awards in appreciation of our creation of a new business through ties with CYBERDYNE Inc.
- The xevo Σ, single-family house products, received the highest award and a Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun Award at the Nikkei Excellent Products and Services Awards 2014.
- Daiwa House Group Environmental Report 2014 received the Grand Prize for Reporting on Measures against Global Warming (Minister for the Environment Prize) in the environmental report category at the 18th Environment Communication Awards.
- SMA×ECO TOWN Hidamari-no-oka in Mie Prefecture went on sale. The first of its kind in Japan, the town uses profits from selling electricity generated by a solar power generation facility in the town for the maintenance of single-family houses and other purposes.
- Selected for the Nadeshiko Brand (FY2015 to 2019) as a listed company with excellence in promoting professional development support for female employees.
- Introduced the Active Aging Program, a lifetime active Program, where employees can continue working after the age of 65.
- Commenced work on DREAM Solar Float No.1 @Kohnoyama in Osaka Prefecture, a floating solar power plant. Began selling power in August 2015.
- Established Corporate Governance Guidelines.
- Began the Sakura Residence Project, prefabricated housing business in the Iskandar region, Johor, Malaysia.
- Began the Chicago North Clark Project, the first overseas high-rise rental housing business in Illinois, United States.(completed in July 2017)
- Manila Office was established in the Philippines.（Closed in March 2022）
- SECUREA, our new brand of lot-subdivision housing developments, came into being.
- TRY-IE-Chubu, a single-family house hands-on experience facility, opened within the Mie Factory.
- Commenced work on the Flour Mill of Summer Hill Project, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business carried out jointly with EG Funds Management Pty Ltd and two other companies in New South Wales, Australia.(Ⅰand Ⅱ completed in October 2017)
- Commenced work on the DMLP Phase I, a large-scale multi-tenant logistics facility in the Daiwa Manunggal Industrial Town, Bekasi, Indonesia.(Ⅰand Ⅱ completed in June 2018)
- Started the regeneration of the suburban single-family home complex business in Miki City, Hyogo Prefecture.
- Participated in the planning of the Midtown Project, a real estate development project in Vietnam.
- Began the joint development of laundroid, a fully automatic laundry folding robot with seven dreamers laboratories inc.,Panasonic Corporation and Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.
- Commenced work on the first-stage of Vinata Towers Project (tentative name), serviced apartment business in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- In a housing industry first, we were ranked number one in the construction industry on the 19th Environmental Management Survey sponsored by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun.
- Commenced work on the Cooper Street Project, a rental housing business in the suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts, United States.(completed in January 2020)
- Indian Office was established.（Closed in September 2017）
- Selected as a Nadeshiko Brand company and as a New Diversity Management Selection 100 enterprise in FY2015. We were the first company in the housing and construction industry to receive both awards.
- Received the Award for Excellence in the Environment and Human Resource Development Enterprise Award 2015.
- After the Kumamoto Earthquake occurred, Diwa House Group erected a total of 1,016 emergency temporary housing units.
- The xevo ΣK and xevo BK, single-family houses for the Kumamoto Earthquake reconstruction support, were launched.
- Selected as a Competitive IT Strategy Company. (2016 to 2018)
- Séjour New Lupina, a rental housing model specially designed to minimize damage and/or inconvenience in the event of natural disasters, was launched. It comes with residential lithium-ion storage batteries installed as standard in all units, a first in the Japanese rental housing industry.
- Began the Drummoyne project, a combined development business of condominiums and commercial facilities in a suburban area of Sydney, Australia.(completed in July 2018)
- Became an official partner of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Yangon Office was established in Myanmar.（Closed in January 2022）
- Became the first company in the housing and construction industry to receive a prize at the 5th DC Excellent Company Awards.
- Issued our first integrated report, the Daiwa House Group Integrated Report 2016.
- Applied a trans-housing support organization's fixed rent guarantee for housing that meets the requirements for a housing removal support system to all newly built single-family houses, a first for the industry.
- Rolled out family-friendly hotels focusing on popular tourist areas and metropolitan centers. Opened La'gent Hotel Tokyo Bay in Chiba Prefecture and La'gent Hotel Osaka Bay in Osaka Prefecture.
- For Nature, our single-family house environmental brand, came into being.
- Stanley Martin Holdings, LLC, which carried out single-family housing business in the United States, became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Selected as a 2017 Health and Productivity Management Brand.
- Selected as an Excellent Enterprise of Health and Productivity.(2017・2018・2021)
- Received the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Award of the 26th Global Environment Awards sponsored by the Fuji Sankei Group.
- Entered into a sponsorship contract with Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea.
- Began the Water Front City Project, a long-stay hotel and hotel development project in Hải Phòng, Vietnam.（Roygent Parks Hai Phong opened in April 2020、The Hotel Nikko Hai Phong opened in August 2020)
- Started PREMIUM GranWood, our highest grade custom-built wooden residences project.
- Rawson Group Pty Ltd., which carried out residential housing construction and land development business in Australia, became a consolidated subsidiary.
- Daiwa House Nagoya Building, a new base of the Daiwa House Group, was completed in the Sasashima Live 24 area.
- Commenced work on D Tower Nishi-Shinjuku, the first stage in the D Tower large office project.
- Participated in the SAKURA GARDEN CITY combined condominium and commercial facility urban development project in Indonesia (southeastern part of Jakarta).
- Commenced work on the Esterra Park Project rental housing development project in the suburbs of Seattle, Washington, United States. (completed in March 2021)
- Started the Daiwa Connect project, a connected home brand utilizing Google Home.
- Stopped all operation of model houses and lot subdivisions over the first three days of the New Year toward promoting work style reform.
- Livness, our existing home business brand, came into being.
- Selected as number one in the Real Estate category of the Newsweek’s Green Ranking 2017 that evaluate eco-friendly efforts.
- The 2017 Sustainability Report received the Minister of the Environment Award, an environmental report award, at the 21st Environmental Communication Awards.
- Started demonstration experiments for Daiwa House Saga Building, the first electric power self-sufficient office with renewable energy in Japan.
- Joined EP100 and RE100 at the same time, the first to do so in the world in the construction and housing industry.
- Introduced HAL®Lumbar Type for Labor Support robotic suits, manufactured and sold by CYBERDYNE Inc., in all factories.
- The Intelligent Logistics Center PROTO, constructed with a new sharing model utilizing AI, the IoT and robots, came into being in DPL Ichikawa logistics facilities developed by Daiwa House Industry (Ichikawa, Chiba).
- We became the first housing manufacturer to acquire Grade 5 (the highest grade, LH-50 grade) special evaluation method certification from the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism in the Heavy Floor Impact Sound Control Grade in the Housing Quality Assurance Act for our sound insulating floor specification SILENT HYBRID SLAB 50.
- Opened KAWASAKI KING SKYFRONT TOKYU REI HOTEL with the opening of KING SKYFRONT (Area A/primary development) in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan’s cutting-edge biomedical town.
- Started a High-Rise Rental Housing Development “Atelier Project” in Dallas, Texas in the United States.(started construction in May)
- Started a large-scale subdivision development “Box Hill Project”, in New South Wales, Australia.
- Started Urban rental Housing Development「Nashville project」in Nashville, Tennessee in the United States. (started construction in June)
- Certified as an Eco-First company that promotes corporate environmental activities by the Ministry of the Environment.
- Participated in the single-family houses business Krungthep Kreetha Project (Tentative Name) and the condominium EYSE Sukhumvit 43 Project in Thailand (Bangkok).
- Launched the highest-class xevoΣ PREMIUM, steel-frame housing products in the housing industry targeting the wealthy.
- Started work on the D Project Malaysia I multi-tenant logistics facility development to support the cold chain for the first time by our company on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur (Selangor), Malaysia (completed the project in August 2020 and started work on D Project Malaysia II in September 2020).
- Started Urban rental Housing Develoment「Phoenix project」in Phoenix, Arizona in the United States. (started construction in January 15)
- Selected to a global ESG index called the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (2019 and 2020).
- Certified as a Climate Change A List company (three consecutive years from 2018 to 2021). That is the highest rating in CDP Climate Change for which the CDP international NPO evaluates approximately 7,000 companies around the world.
- Received the Japan Business Federation Chairman’s Award at the 28th Global Environment Awards.
- Launched Disaster-ready Homes. These are houses that take into consideration disaster prevention. They can handle power outages for approximately 10 days even in rainy weather for the first time in Japan.
- Turned four companies in the Wakamatsu Konpou Group into consolidated subsidiaries (Wakamatsu KONPOU UNYU SOKO, Inc.,WAKAMATSU UNYU, Inc.,JUST Logistics, Inc. and Nippon Butsuryu Management, Inc.).
- Commenced work on The Grace Residence, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business in Nantong, China.(started construction in March）
- Started the Funabashi Tsukada Project (Funabashi, Chiba Prefecture). That is a community development project which integrates housing and commercial facilities using only electricity derived from renewable energy – from construction to living – for the first time in Japan.
- Started sales of LIVNESS MORE IBARAKI (Ibaraki, Osaka Prefecture). That is the first renovation of an entire condominium building by our company.
- Started work on one of the largest training facilities in Japan called the Daiwa House Group MIRAI KACHI KYOSO Center “Kotokurie”.
- Commenced work on The Grace Residence, a combined condominium and commercial facility development business in Changzhou, China. (started construction in July)
- Developed Japan’s first wooden and steel buckling restraint brace called Wooden and Steel Hybrid Brace.
- Started the Daiwa House Denki, service for buying and selling surplus power generated by solar power generation systems aimed at owners moving on from the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme.
- Started a next-release connected home demonstration experiment in Fujisawa, Kanagawa Prefecture.
- Started the Livness Akiya Kanri Service to support the crime prevention, management and real estate utilization of vacant houses at a flat rate across Japan.
- Opened Noshichiri Terrace to begin the Livness Town Project on a full-scale basis in Kamigo Neopolis (Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture).
- Launched Lifegenic web-only lifestyle diagnosis-based single-family house products.
- Acquired the TRADE commercial facility and started operation management in the United States (Irvine, California).
- Started a hotel and condominium complex development project in Taiwan (Kaohsiung) called the Kaohsiung Project (Tentative Name).
- Development of service apartment "via alma -KOTA DELTA MAS" for Japanese families in Indonesia (Bekasi Regency, West Java) (started construction in November and completed in July 2021)
Mentally committing robot® PARO®
inspection robot for narrow spaces, moogle
D's SMART OFFICE, Daiwa House Toyama Building
Long Duc Industrial Park, Vietnam
agri-cube, vegetable-grower unit
D-room Plaza Hall
SMA×ECO TOWN Harumidai
Mighty Urban Tree, a greening project at Osaka Marubiru
Consecutive full-scale earthquake simulation testing of the xevo Σ at E-Defense
Our company's first overseas factory for housing parts and materials (China)
Waters Edge Project, United States
SMA×ECO TOWN Hidamari-no-oka
DREAM Solar Float No.1 @Kohnoyama, a floating solar power plant
Flour Mill of Summer Hill Project, New South Wales, Australia
Vinata Towers Project (tentative name), Vietnam
Cooper Street Project, United States
Emergency temporary housing erected in the Kumamoto Earthquake stricken areas
La'gent Hotel Tokyo Bay
Daiwa House Nagoya Building
Livness, our existing home business brand
Robot Suit HAL®Lumbar Type for Labor Support
KAWASAKI KING SKYFRONT TOKYU REI HOTEL
LIVNESS MORE IBARAKI
commercial facility「TRADE」(United States)
via alma -KOTA DELTA MAS(Indonesia)